It is important that we do all we can to help those in our communities that are likely to become more isolated as measures are put in place to delay the spread of Covid-19. There are some simple but effective things we can all do to help.
Can you help your neighbour by:
- Making sure they have enough food and other general supplies to cover a few days – there is no need to panic buy though!
- Walking their dog, picking up a prescription, putting out their bins or taking in a parcel;
- Phoning, Skyping of facetiming them so they can see a friendly face, helping to reduce their isolation;
- Sharing child care or other caring responsibilities;
- Checking if any of their planned appointments have been cancelled before they travel;
- Making sure they have some simple recipes to hand, if they are not the normal chef or have done some batch cooking for the freezer.
There is already a strong response from our communities that should be celebrated.To help promote good practice happening in the county, we would ask you to share what you’re doing via social media, using the hashtag #gloscommunity on Twitter.
Further information will be added to this page in the coming days to help support communities over the coming weeks and months.
It’s important that we all continue to follow the national advice and guidance which can be found at www.nhs.uk.